Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's a quiet sunday evening, mist and fog all day. I can take solitariness better than most people but every once in a while come those blue moments when you wonder if anyone knows you're out there, if anyone remembers you exist... like Neil Diamond, him of the uber-beautiful voice, once put it so soulfully...

I am, I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair
I am, I cried
I am, said I
And I am lost and I can't even say why
Leavin' me lonely still

Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of being a king
And then became one
Well, except for the names and a few other changes
If you talk about me, the story's the same one

But I got an emptiness deep inside
And I've tried but it won't let me go
And I'm not a woman who likes to swear
But I've never cared for the sound of being alone

I am, I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair
I am, I cried
I am, said I
And I am lost and I can't even say why...
~~

5 comments:

  1. amazing ..i was feeling exactly that way tonight,right this moment..:) i read ur blog and i`m like whoa!!! i think i wrote that!! then again..i couldnt have the punctuation and grammer all correct ,so couldnt be me..:)love coming here specially when i need some solitude,when i need to be far from the madding crowd..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. life10 chuan zahmawh a post emawnile..
    nikhua lo thrin e mai leani hi chu aw..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys but don't go overboard with all the flattery, life10! And how come you always manage to double-post? Your new suitor Senala is not impressed methinks.
    And thank you again, tinkertoon...you must listen properly to the lyrics of I am I said...I think you'll really identify with the whole issue with displacement. Assuming you haven't already, that is :)

    ReplyDelete