Wednesday, October 09, 2024

The Put Out to Pasture Life

It's well over two months now since I became a happy pensioner. Earlier I'd get annoyed when friends told me how much I'd love pension life because it suggested I was old and had one foot in the grave. Now though I couldn't care less. I just potter around the house doing nothing much, wake up late, have my meals late and a bath only at noon. And I love having no work pressures or responsibilities. It's only now that I realize how hectic my work had been, and how stressful it was getting through one urgent crisis after the other.
Initially I spent the first couple of weeks glued to my phone watching Korean/Chinese short reels. The plots were all the same, centering around rich and powerful CEOs and rival business groups, nasty mothers-in-law and both male and female characters furiously slapping each other around. Eventually I weaned myself off the silly addiction, and turned to burying myself in ebooks, particularly murder mysteries and whodunnits.
In between, I bought myself a sketch book and pencils, and tried to get into sketching. Turned out to be not too easy so I'm laying off that for a while though I certainly plan to return to it. Lord knows I have enough time on my hands...


No comments:

Post a Comment