Thursday, November 03, 2011

Sweet November



And it's cold and grey. Which, in this age of global warming and hole in ozone effects, makes for one beautiful season in a soulfully sad way. The 1st was my birthday and I had a department meeting and exam invigilation duty :"( But I came across this quote that I think makes for a pretty accurate birthday reflection. For the record, I did not write it.

I've made mistakes in my life.
I've let people take advantage of me,
and I accepted way less than I deserve.
But I've learned from my bad choices
and even though there are some things I can never
get back and people who will never be sorry,
I'll know better next time and
I won't settle for anything less than I deserve.


*Photo by Rd Hauhnar, Malmo, Sweden

6 comments:

  1. Miss, i poem tawi chu ka duh reuh lutuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday.

    And thank you for the friendship over the years and over the miles.

    Talking about November and academics perhaps you remember the Going Home Day song from the misty past about November and the end of school year. One of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Loch. Would that be "...the very air without a care says No-vem-ber"? That came only after considerable wracking of memory cells. Lots of cobwebs to blow away first there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TS, ka ziah a ni lo ka tih khi, aw. Internet kawngsir a ka chhar ve mai mai nih hi. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 'ber' months bring on a certain atmosphere and mood on the hills. But here, it still feels like mid-summer. I so miss that special feel slanting sunshine and evening mists used to bring up there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what you're missing out here. The "ber" feel is always so different and precious, and brings back so many memories starting right back from childhood days...

    ReplyDelete