Friday, February 23, 2007

Won't You Step into my Garden?

I'm no green thumb but every winter I have this compulsion to get a few pots together and try to breed splashes of spring colours, usually petunias. Don't know why petunias especially but they're easy to grow and they don't seem to attract those horrible little furry things as much as other species. So early in December I got down and dirty and mucked around for a day, and mid Feb, hey presto, there's this glorious riot of colour to help ease winter's passage into summer...






7 comments:

  1. if not green, definitely beutiful whites...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. beatiful flowers... each one worthy of the effort you put in back in November...

    my Mom's an avid gardener and from her, I know of the joyous feeling that invades you when a bud sprouts free!

    Try growing some dahlias next time around. They are worth the effort and whatever their hue, come across as enviable green to neighbours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. J..you're turning out to be quite a multitalented lady...beautiful blooms you have there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you all. I don't really put in much work...I just plant them and try to water them regularly and that's about it. Oh and I always say a little prayer when I plant 'em. They make me look like some gardening enthusiast for a while :D

    tinks, I think dahlias have too heavy heads. I like 'em pert and sprightly, and no innuendoes intended!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The secret seems to be the prayer, J. Me thinks you're going to make a good wife, or atleast a good daughter-in-law, wish I had more elder brothers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly believe it's the prayers too, dear diary. But I don't see how growing a few flowers is going to make me a good wife or daughter-in-law. Been single way too long, too set in my ways... sigh.

    Btw, nice to have you drop by again. I notice you seem to like my floral offerings so I'm guessing you're sth of a floral fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love ur petunias...been outta this page for sometime..and its good to see petunias in full bloom welcoming me back..

    ReplyDelete